Procedures for Saving to the MSU Server
Instructions for Dowloading Files to Go Along with Textbook Tutorials
Instructions for Downloading the Data Files from the World Wide Web for BIT 235
1. Start your browser and enter the URL http://www.course.com
2. When the course.com Web site opens, click on Student Downloads, and then search for your text by title or ISBN Textbook number, ISBN 0-619-26746-1
3. If necessary, from the Search results page, select the tiltle of the textbook you are using.
4. When the textbook page opens, click the Download Student Files link, and then click the link of the compressed files you want to download.
5. If the File Download dialog box opens, make sure the Save this program to disk option button is selected, and then click the OK button. (Note: If the Save As dialog box opens, select a folder on your hard disk to download the file to. Write down the folder name listed in the Save in box and the filename listed in the File name box.)
6. The filename of the compressed file appears in the Save As dialog box (e.g., 3500-8exe, 0361-1d.exe)
7. Click either the OK button or the Save button, whichever choice your browser gives you.
8. When a dialog box opens indicating the download is complete, click the OK button (or the Close button, depending on which operating system you are using). Close your browser.
9. Open Windows Explorer and display the contents of the folder to which you downloaded the file. Double-click the downloaded filename on the right side of the Windows Explorer window.
10. In the Win Zip Self-Extractor window, specify the appropriate drive and a folder name to unzip the files to. Click Unzip.
11. When the Win Zip Self-Extractor displays the number of files unzipped, click the OK button. Click the close button in the Win Zip Self-Extractor dialog box. (You can drag and drop the files) Close Windows Explorer.
12. Refer to the Read this Before you Begin pages(s) in the textbook for more details on the Data Files for your text. You are now ready to open the required files.
FOR STUDENTS ON CAMPUS THESE FILES WILL BE ON A DRIVE ON THE LAB NETWORK. CLICK ON MY COMPUTER AND LOOK FOR THE MOST LOGICAL DRIVE TO CLICK ON.
The procedure of getting the HTML files from the Lab Network is as follows:
Click on My Computer
Click on Storage Drive M
Click on the BIT Folder
Click on BIT 235
Click on the HTML Folder
Click on Tutorial 1
Click on Review Folder for additional review Assignments